- Acute/ chronic hand/wrist surgery (Carpal tunnel syndrome, Trigger finger(s), De Quervain’s disease, Arthritis, Ganglionic cysts, Dupuytren’s contracture, Fractures, Sportsinjuries)
- Total wrist replacement
- Wrist arthroscopy and keyhole surgery
Zulfi Rahimtoola is an internationally recognized specialist. He treats patients with complex acute and chronic hand and wrist problems, both at home and abroad.
After qualifying as an orthopaedic surgeon in 2004, Dr. Zulfi Rahimtoola worked in four different international centres of excellence in hand and wrist surgery namely Barcelona, Paris, Derby and Wrightington. He has successfully completed the European Diploma for Hand Surgery in Paris and he is currently faculty member and European advisor to the British Society Instructional Courses Committee (BSSH). He is also Honorary Member of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS). In addition to his own private practice in London, Dr. Rahimtoola also works as a trainer at the University Medical Center Utrecht. He speaks Dutch, English, French, Spanish and Hindi fluently.
Through his academic research and extensive postgraduate fellowship training Dr. Rahimtoola has become an orthopedic hand surgeon with a comprehensive understanding of the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic conditions affecting the hand and wrist. For these reasons and more, Dr. Zulfi Rahimtoola is invited regularly as a guest faculty member and lecturer at many international symposia and conferences.
- Study of Medicine, University of Bristol, UK and University of Leiden, NL.
- Fellowship, Stanford University, USA.
- Specialist registrar training, Leiden University Medical Center, NL
- PhD thesis on surgery of the wrist in rheumatoid arthritis
Boards & Memberships
- BSSH (British Society for Surgery of the Hand)
- ERASS (European Rheumatism Arthritis Surgical Society)
- EWAS (European Wrist Arthroscopy Society)
- FESSH (Federation European Societies for Surgery of the Hand)
- ISSH (Indian Hand Society)
- SICOT (Societe Internationale de Chirurgie Orthopedique et de Traumatologie)
Honors & Special notes
Honorary Member of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS).