- Acute/ chronic hand/wrist surgery (Carpal tunnel syndrome, Trigger finger(s), De Quervain’s disease, Arthritis, Ganglionic cysts, Dupuytren’s contracture, Fractures, Sportsinjuries)
- Total wrist replacement
- Wrist arthroscopy and keyhole surgery
Dr. Zulfiquar Rahimtoola is an internationally well-recognized hand surgeon with a comprehensive understanding of the diagnosis and treatment of all acute and chronic conditions affecting the hand and wrist.
He is extensively fellowship trained and has successfully completed the European Diploma for Hand Surgery (European Board Certification in Paris).
Dr. Rahimtoola started the study of Medicine at the University of Bristol and qualified as a Medical Doctor at the University of Leiden in the Netherlands. After a postgraduate research year at Stanford University in the United States he commenced his orthopedic surgical training in the Netherlands.
During his training he developed a keen interest in hand and wrist surgery and combined his clinical work with academic research on the treatment of arthritic disorders of the wrist. His research resulted in a PhD thesis on wrist surgery at the University of Leiden that was awarded the Dutch academic resident prize.
He is currently faculty member and European advisor to the British Society Instructional Courses Committee (BSSH). He is also Honorary Member of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS).
Dr. Zulfiquar Rahimtoola is fluent in Dutch, English, French, Spanish and Hindi.
- Study of Medicine, University of Bristol, UK and University of Leiden, NL.
- Fellowship, Stanford University, USA.
- Specialist registrar training, Leiden University Medical Center, NL
- PhD thesis on surgery of the wrist in rheumatoid arthritis
Boards & Memberships
- BSSH (British Society for Surgery of the Hand)
- ERASS (European Rheumatism Arthritis Surgical Society)
- EWAS (European Wrist Arthroscopy Society)
- FESSH (Federation European Societies for Surgery of the Hand)
- ISSH (Indian Hand Society)
- SICOT (Societe Internationale de Chirurgie Orthopedique et de Traumatologie)
Honors & Special notes
Honorary Member of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS).