A Personal Health Environment (PGO) is an app or a website. In a PGO, you collect data about your health, including medical information stored in your doctor’s, hospital’s, or therapist’s computer.
Choose a PGO that suits you
There are several types of PGOs. In each PGO, you can gather data about your own health, such as self-measured values like blood pressure, dietary information, or exercise levels.
What’s special about a PGO is that you can connect with different healthcare providers, such as your general practitioner, hospital, or therapist. They have medical information about you in their computer systems. In a PGO, you can collect a copy of this data for yourself, such as your doctor’s advice, hospital test results, or a letter from your therapist.
Getting started! Here’s how it works.
Here’s how you can add a copy of your medical data to your PGO:
- Go to www.digitalezorggids.nl. There you’ll find an overview of PGOs.
- Choose a PGO and create your own account.
- Look up your general practitioner, hospital, or therapist in your PGO.
- Connect your PGO with your general practitioner, hospital, or therapist.
MedMij ensures a secure connection A secure connection between your PGO and your general practitioner, hospital, or therapist is important. The MedMij Foundation has established rules for the secure exchange of medical data. PGOs and healthcare providers with a MedMij label adhere to these rules.
What is the difference between a PGO and a patient portal?
- You choose which PGO you use. In a PGO, you gather health data in one place, including self-measured values and medical information from various healthcare providers, such as your general practitioner or hospital.
- A patient portal is an app or website provided by a healthcare institution. This institution, for example, a hospital, chooses the portal. In a portal, you can view the medical information that this healthcare institution has about you, make appointments, or have video calls. If you visit multiple healthcare institutions, you may have to deal with multiple portals.
Medical data from the Eisenhower Clinic in your PGO?
- Scan the QR code with your phone or go to verbind.medmij.nl/code/6626729.
- Choose a PGO.
- View your data from the Eisenhower Clinic in your PGO.