- Complex surgical treatment of shoulder and elbow both open as well as arthroscopic surgery
- Shoulder prostheses
- Sports related shoulder and elbow injuries
Cornelis Visser treats many patients with shoulder and elbow problems both conservative and surgical. An initial approach of restoration of posture and movement can already solve many problems. Should surgical treatment be required then his specific expertise of shoulder and elbow is important in achieving the best results.
Cornelis Visser has worked as an orthopedic surgeon since 1999. He has a PhD and specializes in shoulder and elbow pathology. He has become one of the most renowned Dutch shoulder specialists and since 2012 he has been chairman of the Dutch Shoulder and Elbow Society. Cornelis Visser also works at the Alrijne Hospital.
- Medicine, Groningen University
- Orthopedic training, Leyenburg hospital, The Hague, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, NL
Boards & Memberships
- European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and the Elbow (SECEC/ESSSE)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Dutch Orthopaedic Association (NOV)
- Dutch Shoulder and Elbow Society (chairman 2011-17)
- Dutch Arthroscopy Society (NVA)
- Nederlandse Vereniging voor Orthopaedische Traumatologie (NVOT)
Honors & Special notes
Dr. Visser is trainer for DePuy and Biomet in the field of shoulder pathology.