- Hip arthroscopy
- Complex hip problems in young adults
- Sports related hip problems
- Surgery of the meniscus and anterior cruciate ligament
- General orthopedics
Sebastiaan Jansen treats young patients with a hip or a knee problem that hinders them in doing their job, performing their sports, or during other activities in life. In his practice it is paramount to invest time in the education of his patients. “I want patients to be able to comprehend their condition and treatment options, make their own decisions and to stay in control.”
Since 2006, Sebastiaan Jansen has been working as an orthopedic surgeon. From the beginning on, he specialized in hip arthroscopy. He has participated in international fellowships with Marc Philippon (Vail, USA) and Michael Dienst (Munich, Germany). He currently is one of the few experts in the field of hip arthroscopy in the Netherlands. He performs more than 100 procedures a year. He also is an international trainer in the field of hip arthroscopy. Sebastiaan Jansen also works in Alrijne Ziekenhuis.
- Medicine, Leiden University
- Orthopedic training, Leiden University Medical Center
Boards & Memberships
- International Society for Hip Arthroscopie (ISHA)
- Nederlandse Orthopaedische Vereniging (NOV)
- Werkgroep Heup van de NOV
- Nederlandse Vereniging Arthroscopie (NVA)
Honors & Special notes
Sebastiaan Jansen is a trainer for Arthrex in the field of hip arthroscopy.